Students can combine a Major in Chemistry with one of forty subject areas as a Minor [Details].
[Summary of Recent Changes]
- The requirements for the Minor are specified by the responsible department. Students should consult the corresponding departmental web pages, the department itself or the corresponding pages of the University Calendar for the year in which they joined the Faculty of Science.
- The combination of SC/BIOL 1000 3.00 and 1001 3.00 is required for those wishing to take advanced courses in the biological areas (especially courses with SC/BIOL 2021 3.00 as prerequisite) or to transfer into the Specialized Honours program in Biochemistry or into the Pharmaceutical and Biological Chemistry stream.
- Courses (offered by other departments) that are cross-listed with Chemistry may be used to satisfy the 3000- and 4000-level CHEM elective requirements.
- With careful choice of courses in Arts minor subject areas, students may satisfy some or all of the FSc General Education requirements.
- Students taking a minor in Environmental Studies are exempted from 6 FSc General Education credits for taking ES/ENVS 1000 6.00.